A dental crown can help your smile in numerous ways. The process for a traditional crown requires several appointments and long wait times in between. However, a CEREC system allows your dentist to prepare for, design, and create your dental crown in only one visit. Find out more about this revolutionary procedure with 1st Choice Dental Care in Kennesaw and Woodstock, GA.
Do I need a crown?
Dentists use dental crowns in various situations:
- To stabilize a damaged tooth
- To protect a tooth with a large filling
- To secure a dental bridge in place to replace a missing tooth
- To complete a dental implant to replace a missing tooth
- To help make a tooth look better aesthetically
If you have a tooth that is damaged, broken, or has a large filling, your Kennesaw and Woodstock, GA, dentist may suggest a dental crown. Luckily, a CEREC dental crown system allows your dentist to place your dental crown in only one visit.
How does the CEREC crowning process work?
A CEREC system is made up of three main parts:
- a special wand to take a 3D model of the mouth,
- a CAD/CAM software in which to design the crown
- a machine which carves the crown from a block of ceramic or porcelain
Your dentist will prepare your tooth to receive the crown, then make a model of your mouth. The model serves as the basis for your crown’s design. After finalizing the design using the CAD/CAM software, your dentist sends the design to the CEREC machine to create your physical crown. After the creation process, your dentist permanently bonds the crown to your prepared tooth.
Dental Crowns in Kennesaw, GA, and Woodstock, GA
CEREC one-day crowns allow you to complete your crowning process in just one dental appointment. This saves you time and days off of work and school, as well as the fees associated with a dental laboratory which is normally used to create a dental crown.
For more information on CEREC crowns, please contact 1st Choice Dental Care in Kennesaw and Woodstock, GA, at (678) 293-8773 to schedule your appointment today!