Who Wouldn’t Want a Crown in a Day?
A dental crown can repair damaged teeth by placing a ceramic cover on top of the healthy tooth interior. Dr. Orza of 1st Choice Dental Care Kennesaw provides same-day crowns to make this process more convenient and satisfying.
Traditional Crown Restoration
Typically getting a dental crown is a multi-step ordeal requiring two visits to the dentist:
First visit - Tooth preparation and placement of a temporary crown.
Next, the dentist sends an impression of the prepared tooth to a dental laboratory to create the permanent crown.
Second visit - Removal of temporary and placement of permanent crown.
CEREC - Same-Day Crowns
Alternatively, Dr. Orza at 1st Choice Dental Care Kennesaw offers same-day crowns, which use CEREC equipment to make the permanent crown during your first (nd only) visit, throigh CAD/CAM technology. A sophisticated computer actually designs and manufactures your perfectly customized crown while you wait. No dental lab or temporary crown!
Advantages of CEREC Restorations
- CEREC restorations give your smile a natural look and similarly to your natural teeth.
- Natural-looking - CEREC restorations are milled from a single block of high-quality porcelain, called eMax, one of the most aesthetic and durable porcelains that is very similar to tooth material in properties and look. eMax is 3x stronger than traditional porcelain on a crown. Ceramic blocks come in 17 shades, which makes color matching more precise and natural-looking.
- Natural-feeling - Your CEREC restoration is smoothly polished and fitted exactly to your bite
- Natural-acting - CEREC restorations expand in the same way as teeth do, and also because it comes from a single block, a CEREC restoration is less prone to cracks and flaws than other types of restoration.
- Strong and durable - Studies show that CEREC restorations last at least as long as metal-filled crowns, if not longer.
- Fewer injections and less anesthetic - CEREC restorations can be created in minutes and you don't have to come back for a second appointment. This means less anesthetic for you and fewer injections to keep the area numb.
- Faster recovery time with less tooth irritation - CEREC restorations require less invasive preparation, and the restoration is placed immediately, protecting the tooth and pulp.
- Less chance for errors or variation during fabrication - With CEREC, a precise 3D scan is sent to the milling machine leaving little to no room for error. Plus, the CEREC lab is on-site, so any needed adjustments can be made immediately.
- Metal-Free and biocompatible - CEREC restorations are made from bio-compatible material meaning that they are designed to work with the body in a healthy way. There is no metal, so you don't have to worry about allergies to metal or the black lines that form around the gum line from metal crowns.